Friday, April 20, 2012

Ohio here we come

Shortly after the wedding Joseph was having some trouble again. We can truly be thankful he made it through the big day without incident though. He was at my dads house and we are really unclear what sent off this occurrence but Joey ended up physically attacking my dad and breaking every window in the front of his house which totaled $1800 in damages. Joey was taking by police to the hospital  It became very discouraging that they knew us by first name when we came in the ER doors. These nurses became like family to us and I am truly great full for them. This time we were making sure Joey went to a residential facility, I only wish it was that easy. Every clinician involved in Joeys care both in patient and out patient believed this was best for Joseph however the insurance company again wanted to make a big problem of it. After one conversation with them throwing out terms like liability and endangering my son's welfare they very quickly came up with a facility in Ohio that had a ready bed and would except him and was in network. So it was done. 3 short weeks after my wedding my husband and Joseph were going to Ohio and I was staying behind with Christian and Max until my Ohio nurses license came through. Problem.... just 2 days before we were to board a plane for Ohio Joseph's WBC's dropped to a dangerously low level. This was secondary to the tegratol, which could now be added to a growing list. Seraquel = paralysis, Geodon = prolonged QT etc.  So Joseph had be taken off quickly and lithium brought back up. They could not discharge Joey to go to Ohio tell this happened and with plane tickets purchased and the facility only holding a spot for a limited time, it was very nerve racking. Needless to say we made it. Joey was discharged and we took him straight to the airport. He actually did well with all of this. This was another of the hardest days of my life. We did the intake at the facility and that is where Joseph would be for the next 2 months. I want to take this opportunity to say I have the most amazing husband in the world who moved across country from his wife and biological son, and would drive 3 1/2 hours one way every week to visit Joey for 2 hours. He did all of this for Joey and for that I love him. So there we were, Joey and Paul in Ohio, the rest of us in AZ, hoping a praying that this was going to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment