Thursday, July 5, 2012

A brief update

Joseph has been showing improvements with new changes to his treatment plan since the neuropsych evaluation. It was reported today that Joseph has had only 8 restraints in the last month which is down from 25! With this information I was able to have Joseph's psychiatrist agree to start tapering off his Ablify. I am praying that we can continue to get Joseph on the least amount of medications possible. His visits with the family from Arizona have also gone very well. I am concerned of how he will do when they leave but we will cross that bridge when we come to it I guess. Joseph is making small gains still but it is still expected he will remain at the facility for up to another year. I will take all the small steps we are making and just hope they continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment